• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Titanfall Beta

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #846

In Preparation for TitanFall the new FPS Shooter from Respawn entertainment- (Old infinity ward and creators of the Original COD Modern Warfare) there is a Beta coming out, it is unconfirmed but dates i have heard are Feb 14th - Feb 19th And release for game is March 13th. This game looks really good not heard a bad word about it . It would be great for us all to play this. I will let you know when Beta sign ups start but here is a video or two so you can see what it looks like.

www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/01/20/titanfall-...ce=fb&utm_medium=emp

Ash/Frozen
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Frozen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #847

I haven't seen this game yet. What I am seeing here is gonna be pretty awesome to play. Can't wait to get this game.

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #851

Well i will add some negativity ;)

It looks like it will play very much like a COD game which isn't a bad thing, uses the source engine which is good but they have said no support for mods at launch and they may evaluate it later :(....which since it is an EA game probably means they will try to stop all mods so they can sell you DLC ;)

max players is 6v6 which means maps probably wont be that big, they instead add really dumb AI bots for people to kill, probably to fill it out and make noobs feel like they are doing good getting kills.

from beta footage there is no recoil at all on the guns.....i'm betting xbox one is the lead platform.

no mention of demo recording support.

Anyway I got my eye on it but will have to see how good the game actually is by playing it first and if it has basic features :)

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #854

Humm.. EA!

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #855

Vince Zampella ‏@VinceZampella 5m

Tonight at 6pm PST there will be a website to sign up for #titanfall beta access. The website will be announced shortly before 6.

Good news guys this is at 2AM our time i am waking up especially. :D

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #856

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #857

well not played it yet but it is confirmed by devs as:

no spectator, no server browser (match making only with no options to kick people or have private lobbys etc), no demo recording, no mod support, no gun recoil, locked at 60fps (not 100% confirmed). No console, no user.cfg editing, etc etc etc

Basically they say they don't want to make the game have any competitive options as they want the game to be for casual xbox console players where everyone can feel they are getting easy kills and doing good which is why they also added dumb AI bots that you shoot for easy kills and "smart" weapons like the pistol that automatically locks onto enemy players heads and kills them with one shot.

If you want to get your mum or grandparents into gaming this might be a good one to start on. Looks like I will be giving this a miss.

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #858

Lol Leki you make me laugh. Although i kind of agree, not as impressed as i thought i would be. But thats without playing it yet, i might find i really enjoy it.

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #861

I have stopped looking forward to games being released now. I am inevitably disappointment with their rushed out, buggy, console port piece of shit.

Most developers seem to have adopted the style over substance mantra and run with it.

Titanfall Beta 10 years 1 month ago #862

anyone playing this yet?, im actually enjoying it, its rather fun, a lot like cod but fun :)

Titanfall Beta 9 years 7 months ago #1368

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
I am, I'll post a proper topic now.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site