• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dungeon run night

Dungeon run night 11 years 6 months ago #422

We can set 1 night a week aside to do dungeons, theres quite a few in the game and they are all a challange due to the level scaling. If there more than 5 people, we will have to have people sit out, as we don't have the numbers (yet) to have 2 groups. I don't mind doing this, especially if someone needs the xp, but hopefully more people will be getting 80 in the next few weeks.

Ok, post here when you would most like to do a dungeon run and we can make it a night most/everyone can do it. Theres like 8+ dungeons and all are a challange because of the way the game scales levels. I think you get a set of armour skins to apply to your hero for most of the dungeons; seen some badass looking people wandering about in WvW.

Neomir - All. I don't work evenings anymore :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dungeon run night 11 years 6 months ago #423

I need to level up my new character badly. Don't know if I can even enter any of these places.

Re: Dungeon run night 11 years 6 months ago #424

The first 1 is lvl 30, and you get access to more as you level.

Ok, so each mob and stuff in the dungeons has a chance to drop a 'shard'. Shards are basicly dungeon currency exclusive to that particular dungeon. Dungeon x will give 'x shards' and y will give 'y shards' for example, and there is a vendor for each dungeon at the fort in Lions Arch. You spend the dungeon currency at the vendor for weapons/armour potions that help do that dungeon. The stats vary a lot in usefulness (there are only 3 lvl80 dungeons right now, and ofcourse the lowest lvl dungeon stuff is useless) BUT the weapons and armour LOOK unique.

Also, if you go to Heart of the Mists, on your immediate right there is a 'pvp locker' you can go here and look at all the armour and weapon skins you get from the dungeons (maybe more), by r-clicking and pressing preview. You can preview what all the high end armour looks like, as well as the low end if you like the look, then you can know what you need/want to farm.

So, it's ok and even preferable to run the lvl80dungeons to get good stat gear, then run the lower end dungeons to get the 'look' you want for said armour by using transmutation stones. I.E. if you don't like the look of the lava dungeon with big armour and flames etc, but like the stats, you can farm it, then run for example, the nighmare court dungeon that gives stuff to make you look like the Nightmare Court people.

Hope this helps, and maybe sheds a bit of light on the dungeons. Not exactly sure HOW you get the shards, but I'm just guessing they drop of mobs etc.

Re: Dungeon run night 11 years 6 months ago #425

I like the guy on fire

Last Edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Roo.

Re: Dungeon run night 11 years 6 months ago #426

i'm very up for it, any time is good for me most of the time, although id prefer not to on most weekends as i'm either out drunk or hungover heh.

Generally we played BF matches on either tuesdays, wednesday or thursday so maybe those days are best for most people?

Re: Dungeon run night 11 years 6 months ago #427

I am good with every night, holiday season here - we work 13 days this month :)
just let me know 3,4 days in advance (in game mail if you cant catch me on ts) and I will
notify the other guys around here

Be Strong,
Yos

Re: Dungeon run night 11 years 6 months ago #428

Hey guys, mine and Elda's first term at university starts next week and we're not 100% sure about the timetable but weekends and most evenings should be okay for me. Friday and Saturday would probably be ideal for myself :)

Re: Dungeon run night 11 years 6 months ago #429

I am up for it, i need to get back into the gaming thing

Re: Dungeon run night 11 years 5 months ago #458

lets do this next week! :)

what is everyone up to story wise on the dungeons ? i've only done the first level 30 one on story mode.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site