• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EVENT IDEAS

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1097

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
Server population is slowly growing and I think an event night might be a good idea.

Share your ideas here and we'll pick a night to drive some out.

Coastal Race
Pretty simple. Admins spawn a load of the same model car at Kamenka (bottom left of map) and players race up the coast, north to Berezino.
We determine early if the admin can spawn obstacles along the route to mix things up a little.
Winner gets 5 briefcases. Second gets 2. Third gets 1.

Hunt the Admin
Players start on the docks in Chernarus. One (or more) Admins hides in the borders of Cherno. (Doesn't leave the town/city.)
First player to kill the Admin wins 3 briefcases. Players who kill other players get their gear removed and set on fire.
(Admin doesn't use any tools/benefits once they're in place. No invisibility.)

Stack Attack
Players spawn on the Cherno docks and have access to Little Birds with mini-guns. First player to kill the admin standing on the smoke/chimney stack in Elektro wins. Shooting other players is a no-no. Winner gets 5 briefcases.

Elekto Chainsaw Massacre
Players stand on the roof of the flat building on Elektro docks with chainsaws. Last person alive wins 3 briefcases.

Fetch Quest
First person to bring me X. For example, a cooked steak. Wins some gold.

More ideas can be found here:

I look forward to hearing yours!
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by DY357LX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1098

theres still Axe Fights in an arena

Dog Fights with bi planes

Drop The Bomb closest to the target

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1099

I'll have to see where I originally saw it, but there was an admin game run on another server. It involved a number of Minigun Little Birds and a cinder block 'shed'.

Each player had access to a heli. The 'shed' and the safe within were locked by an admin inside. The event started, and was a straight up deathmatch. The twist was that at at some unknown moment, the admin opened the shed door and safe....

At that point, do you land and try and scoop the loot (win the game) or play it safe and try to take out all other choppers first, which also led you to winning the game?

Granted the set up would take a little longer, and maybe a few more rules so that you didn't end up with 10+ Little Birds all letting miniguns go as soon as they could yaw on the ground, but it could be quite a fun event.

In the same vein as a couple of your ideas, you could have 'hunt the admin', but a heli chase of sorts. Might have to rely on goodwill to restrict it to a certain area, or maybe the whole map with some slightly time-delayed intel reports as to where the chopper was. Could end up with some wonderful (or tragic, with my 'over-enthusiastic' flying...) low level valley chases...

EDIT: Lol...the moment I re-read that last idea, I kept getting cheesy Airwolf scenes in my head....I miss Airwolf. :(
"I believe 2 things are infinite...the universe and human stupidity...and I'm not sure about the universe..." - Albert Einstein
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Echodelta31. Reason: Funny afterthought

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1100

• DY357LX
BioHazard wrote:
theres still Axe Fights in an arena

You mean ItemHatchet_DZE fights? Right? :-P

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1101

Yeah i want my airwolf!

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1102

Just for giggles...not suggesting that this becomes a...thing:

apacheandairwolf.jpg

Link for above image...I never have got the hang of embedding saved images in forum posts....
img229.imageshack.us/img229/600/32758716.jpg

More info here: forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?88637-Airwolf-for-Arma-2
"I believe 2 things are infinite...the universe and human stupidity...and I'm not sure about the universe..." - Albert Einstein

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1103

Cmon dye theres the proof it exists :cheer: I want i want i want ;)

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1105

• DY357LX
Hyper wrote:
Cmon dye theres the proof it exists :cheer: I want i want i want ;)

There's proof it existed in 2009. Look at the links it that topic... all dead.

Thinking about it... if I downloaded Airwolf as a mod and people on the server wanted to join and try it they'd have to download it too.
Add @mod=Airwolf; etc to their already adjusted parameters in DayZ Commander.
There might be a way to wedge it into the mission files so that the models, textures sounds etc are downloaded after the lobby screen.
Dig through the mission files (.pbo's) when you get bored. If you can find where the vehicles and textures are we might be able to make adjustments but I'm not 100% sure.

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1106

Lol...I may have started something unintentional here...it was just a joke.

On the other hand, it appears to have silly amounts of firepower (similar to the actual heli) and also....turbos. I don't even want to think about how fast it goes.

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1114

In an attempt to get vaguely back on topic (that I derailed...), the good old treasure hunt is a possibility, with or without firearms allowed.

A memory from my cadet days was a night exercise where all the cadets had to cross about 200m of undulating ground without being captured by the NCO's...the same thing could be used here, again with or without player firearms. Depending on the number of participants, the distance could be longer or even to a set point on the map. No cars, heli's...nothing. Just your own 2 feet. To balance things slightly, no thermal or night vision sights by the capture team, but flares are acceptable. If located, expect a lead lobotomy.

Some of these ideas will need a lot of refinement. I'm just churning out what's going through my head.

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1117

thats pretty good stuff

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1122

COVOY RUN

the admins have a ural and a couple of armoured vehicles mark on the map a route and travel that route for certain length of time and players can ambush anywhere and by any means the ural will carry say an assortment of building materials each admin will have a briefcase and some nice guns all the vehicles from the hive so when they kill you they also get the vehicles to keep if they dont destroy them but it only runs for a hour and players get to know two hours before event starts the route to prepare

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1125

RABSKI wrote:
COVOY RUN

the admins have a ural and a couple of armoured vehicles mark on the map a route and travel that route for certain length of time and players can ambush anywhere and by any means the ural will carry say an assortment of building materials each admin will have a briefcase and some nice guns all the vehicles from the hive so when they kill you they also get the vehicles to keep if they dont destroy them but it only runs for a hour and players get to know two hours before event starts the route to prepare
its not like event,its popular mission in westeland(arma2-3).
but without mark route,just mark where they now.

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 10 months ago #1126

How about a Tour De France bicycle race . The thing about the TdF is that it's also a team race so once a week there is a "stage" where not only your personal time is important but also those in your team .

The team classification: 1st 4 BC to share AS50 each with 50rds
2nd team get one BC, golden AK and a camo SUV
3rd team get 30oz of gold a lada and AK74 each with 100rds of ammo

Individual classification 1st gets 1BC of gold, an armored SUV ammo crate and a safe
2nd a normal SUV AS-50 and 100rds of ammo with 50oz of gold
3rd Ural with M24 50rds 20oz gold

teams would be made up of 4 players , admins will ride out front as a Commissar. To make this less simple we could have AI bandits around that ambush players so we would still have to fight .

No play V player (hence the admin as commissars) . One admin in an Armour SUV one on a motor bike giving time checks and another to spawn people to where they had been killed to continue with the race.
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Bravo2Zero.

EVENT IDEAS 9 years 9 months ago #1209

Well i have been doing a little game where i play for a few hours and when i find some gear and a car i hide it and tell people that there is a car in a certain area of the map, when they go looking for it and find it, it will be full of guns :). i myself is offline at this point so if they get killed at the sight they won't blame it on me because i have already got a bounty on my head :evil:

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site