• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Emails in TCASMIN

Emails in TCASMIN 9 years 9 months ago #1174

JUST ADDING THESE HERE INCASE U DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO READ THEM FEEL FREE TO DELETE IF U WANT

Hello.

I am writing this mass email because I am getting multiple daily tickets regarding this mod and quite frankly it's starting to frustrate me having to answer the same questions over and over.
It's annoying me because it stops me from working on higher priority issues with having to answer each one of these tickets.

So here it is, OVERPOCH is NOT supported by GTX currently!

HOWEVER: We are working on "Trying" to get this integrated, I have sent multiple emails off to community members via forums but they are not replying yet with the information I require.
Until I am fully up to speed with this mod and the many issues it currently has I can not make a decision.

This mod "OverPoch" has 5 known issues regarding databases and files error messages and faults which if we released as is would no doubt come back to GTX and people would assume it's out fault.
This is why Addons are not supported here at GTX because we are tired of being blamed for addons not working or addons causing issues with the main server, everyone always blames GTX when these issues happen
and so for this reason we decided to never officially support addons / scripts / help with installing addons etc etc.

Now that this "mod" or should I say "Overwatch Modified" has been released but then due to overwatch and epoch not being happy about it they are stopping anyone posting about it on the their forums, I can say that this is one of the most difficult mods I have come across due to the lack of an official website, no documentation for installation on servers, no documentation on features etc etc, all in all the worst people who could release a mod have released this one as clearly they are too lazy to put up an official site which explains all of this on it.

This is why you see so many threads about "overpoch" on our forums with people asking for help, what they should all be doing is asking the people who made the mod for help.

So moving forward this is simply an official mention regarding this mod, I am working on it but for now it remains unsupported, so please can I ask everyone to stop opening support tickets asking for "Status Updates" / "Help With Install" etc etc.

Tickets opened regarding Overpoch will be sent a link to the KB area which will have a summery of this email barbarically saying We Do Not Support It, Until We Announce That We Do. and the ticket would then be closed. Any replies made to the ticket will also be closed.

I hope you all understand.

P.S Once we have a fully working version & the forum members reply to me PM's (You know who you are) then I will release this in the Mod Manager and it will be officially supported and emails will be sent out just like this one.

Kind Regards,

Karl Griffin
GTX Manager
Hello Everyone.

After a meeting I have just had with infiSTAR I thought it would be best to send out an email regarding this issue:

Beta Patch 112555 has broken many things for multiple mods, such as vehicles not deleting and parachutes not deleting etc.
We highly recommend you not installing this Beta Patch, if you already have this Beta Patch installed on your server(s) you can
downgrade back to 103718 Beta Patch (The official default patch we use) via the Updates button on your control panel.
(If you have any errors installing this, please let me know and I will fix them).

The option for 112555 to be installed will be removed from our control panel.

On a side note: I have been sent an early release ahead of tonight's "Official" release for the latest infiSTAR version.
We are the first to have this version. I will be making this version available shortly, another email will be sent when ready.

Here is some info infiSTAR sent me:

"112555 is just completely broken and should not be used on any dayz related mod, especially not on Epoch/OverPoch.
Deletevehicle is just one of the functions that are not working proper anymore, they broke the game with that buggy beta patch"

" they should not use 112555 in general. Functions all the Mods are using are broken, that is why for example the vehicles don't delete or parachutes don't disappear anymore."

Kind Regards,

Karl Griffin
GTX Manager
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by BioHazard.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Emails in TCASMIN 9 years 9 months ago #1175

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
Okay, let me quickly mention 2 things here:

1: At no point have we (Hyper, Bio or myself) contacted GTX regarding Overpoch. I realize that's not what they're saying but I want to mention it in case there's any confusion. (It's a mass email from a pissed-off technician.)
I genuinely don't know what he's referring to with his "5 serious issues".

We (Bio and myself) sorted Overpoch on our own and it's working fine. Players seem to like and there's no glaring issues.
We've encountered no issues with databases. (Adding weapons, ammo and cars was a bit of a pain but we got it sorted in good time.)
The .rpt (error log) is a bit of a mess but 99% of it is common DayZ stuff that can be ignored.
So I'm afraid he's lost me a little there.

I have personally emailed Infistar and GTX regarding fixing problems and provided them with code examples (deleting vehicles on the new patch etc) and they've replied with thanks or better methods and have said they'd implement fixes where possible. Sadly 112555 is hindering them. Which leads us to...

2: Patch 112555 is a very mixed bag. It fixes a lot but also breaks a few things. I personally think the fixes out-weigh the bugs. Performance is better and the AI tend to react better (resulting in better missions).
You can read the log here:
www.arma2.com/downloads/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_112555.log

I don't think rolling-back will break any mods but I'll discuss it with Bio, Pip, Rab and co on TeamSpeak later and see where we want to go.
Players can easily roll back in DayZ Commander.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site