• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bubble butt

Bubble butt 9 years 8 months ago #1272

He has a battleye global ban.

Player #0 Bubble Butt (84a732278935b4b6ec9b15774d2b3e67) has been kicked by BattlEye: Global Ban #84a732

Nothing we can do about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bubble butt 9 years 8 months ago #1273

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
Allow me to fill everyone in on the full situation...

This morning, Hyper emailed me showing me the log file of the anti-cheat. It reads:
Player #0 Bubble Butt (84a732278935b4b6ec9b15774d2b3e67) has been kicked by BattlEye: Global Ban #84a732

Verified GUID (70bd3d24a76e5623f34245e4863936b4) of player #2 Bubble Butt

These 2 entrys are from this morning at 10:04 and 10:14,

Looks like 2 accounts one banned one not maybe?

I inform him that it's possibly 2 UID's, one for Steam, one for the old GameSpy.
As the day goes on I realize that it's a case of this guy having 2 accounts/2 copies of the game.

So, I ban his other account. We don't know this person so there's no reason to trust them or give them the benefit of the doubt.
We've had the server completely ruined by cheaters in the past. We have to keep a close eye on everyone and take a zero tolerance approach.

He sends me a private message on these forums to make a case for himself. Here's the meesage:
Hello,

I was just banned on your server because of a Battleye recommendation and I was just wondering why? I am going to be honest with you and tell you this. I did hack on another steam account a while back and i got global banned, I then bought a separate key and started to play again, I understand you were banning me because of the recommendation (Like anyone else would) but I have not and will not hack on your server. I realised that hacking was not the way forward after I was global banned before, its a waste of money.

So I would really appreciate it if your reconsidered my banning.

Thanks,
- Connor

This is a good message. It's well laid-out, it's calm and it's (seemingly) honest.

But I can't revoke the ban because it'll open the flood-gates.
Others who have been banned will want unbanning too.
Everytime Bubble Butt gets a kill or survives a tough encounter, he's going to be accused of cheating and the players will moan to the Admins.
Many will say "once a cheat, always a cheat" - and frankly there's no way for us to watch him and his inventory 24/7.
And think about this... what if he is cheating? He's just made a complete mockery of all the Admins and their leniency.

The list goes on but the bottom line is, it's considerably less hassle for us to not unban him.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site