• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hello there, I am banned.

Hello there, I am banned. 9 years 7 months ago #1454

Hi, just signed up.
Got banned about 5 minutes ago.
While in stary after finally looting enough to buy gear, someone fires a rocket from outside stary, and blows another player away.
Turns out it was admin, as he TP'd the player back, but as it was in a safe zone, the player cant recover his gear from his corpse.
Same admin then spawns in a jet at stary and flies away.
I can't remember what I said in side chat, but there was certainly no abuse or disrespect.
This is only my opinion, and if it bothers you that much, then in your eyes, my ban was earned.

Admins are caretakers, not nannies to players who won't move on when faced with a problem, or get off their lazy arses to help themselves. Admins should help players, when uncontrollable issues arise and players rely on them.
But seriously, admins should not interact with players who are trying to play the game the way it was meant to be played.
I have played many servers, and seen many ruined by admins who use the servers as their playgrounds.
I have been admin before, and headed up admin teams, and when actively playing, I enabled no admin tools. When I was in as admin, no one could ever tell an admin was around until help was needed.

So there you have it, my opinions on how good playing servers should be, but alas, not all are like that.
My ban message" have fun finding your perfect server", well thanks for wishing me well, but I have many favourites saved, and visit them regularly, but it's always good to try fresh ground.
I was enjoying playing your server, new players around, new map areas and different loot to find.
But if its admined by people who abuse players, then ban people for saying things that are not offensive, or disruptive, then maybe the ban was a good thing. In all my time playing from vanilla dayz till now, this is my 1 and only ban.
I'm not the type of player who abuses, trolls or generall7y causes trouble, I'm just a player that loves the mod, and I mean, genuinely loves the mod.
So there you have it.
See you around, or will I? you decide.

Smokin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello there, I am banned. 9 years 7 months ago #1455

Looking into it now, will update shortly.

Hello there, I am banned. 9 years 7 months ago #1456

Ban will be removed shortly, sorry for the hassle.

Hello there, I am banned. 9 years 7 months ago #1457

Should be removed now, i have had problems removing them before so if it is still in place let me know.

Hello there, I am banned. 9 years 7 months ago #1458

Hyper.
Was able to rejoin the server fine, many thanks dude.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site