• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Info About ArmA 2 OA Steam Patch (125548)

Info About ArmA 2 OA Steam Patch (125548) 9 years 9 months ago #1268

Update: Server has now recieved the latest update, Please wait until DY3 can work his magic before trying to join.

We've asked our server provider to update our server to the new ArmA 2 OA patch, which is version 125548.

Their patching process involves them completely wiping the server and then restoring the database. This means your bases, vehicles etc remain intact but there will be no mods in-place until I can fix things. (There'll be no missions, no lifting + towing, etc.)

This patch fixes 2 years worth of ArmA 2 bugs, but seeing as GameSpy is now dead, your characters no longer have a UID number and instead get a Steam ID number.
This means, when the server is updated, you will have to create a new character. So, put your important gear in your safe or you WILL lose it.

There is absolutely no way around this. Blame GameSpy for shutting down.

Plot poles are usually linked to UID's but seeing as you don't need them to build on our server, I can't see it being much of a problem.

I recommend everyone read the patch notes here:
http://www.arma2.com/downloads/ARMA2OA_Update_163_readme.txt

But for now, you don't need to download or do anything. When our server has been patched I'll post a guide on the forums on how to get the right version via Steam. (Those of you with retail copies of ArmA 2 will have to redeem your CD key on Steam.)

BioHazard and I will be fixing problems as we find them. If we're not online, simply post your bugs/problems in our DayZ sub-forum and we'll get to them when we can.

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Info About ArmA 2 OA Steam Patch (125548) 9 years 9 months ago #1269

sounds good, keep us updated
The administrator has disabled public write access.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site