• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dayz server problem

Dayz server problem 9 years 7 months ago #1540

We know the server is not running!

This would appear to be a database problem GTX side, i have done some probing around and it would appear the database no longer exists.

I am waiting for GTX to get back to me and will update when i know more.

UPDATE: GTX had a drive failure and all data is lost. The server has to be reinstalled from scratch. 

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dayz server problem 9 years 7 months ago #1541

All data lost?

This is the fifth time I have lost everything (not on this server, server's in general). Quite disheartening to be honest.

I won't be a baby over it or anything, nor will it stop me playing again on the server, just gutting to lose literally everything me and dodgy have done, we had well over 200bc and lost unprecedented amounts of built up building materials and guns since we had 8 metal sheds full, this was months of collecting, as we're working men it's not like we can nerd the server like tiw.

Still astonishes me that the server host do not have s backup, hopefully they sort you guys out as I feel for the admins mostly.
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Nokturnyl.

Dayz server problem 9 years 7 months ago #1542

They have learnt from this mistake and now will do database backups, server may be back online later tonight if not tomorrow for sure hopefully if dy3 can replace server and mission data.

Dayz server problem 9 years 7 months ago #1544

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
Be glad you're not the guy who has to restore the files. Saying that, I think my database backup is at least a month old. The host were supposed to provide backups too but... well, clearly that didn't pan out.

Yay for technology.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site