• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info

Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info 9 years 9 months ago #1182

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
We got this email today from our server hosts, GTX.
Hello

As many of you are aware, GameSpy shutdown is nearing (30th June 2014) we are not 100% sure what problems this will cause however we have been in contact with DotJosh (Creator of DayZ Commander) and he assures us his program will remain operational past this date.

We have also been informed that from 30th all dayz epoch game servers will be required to run the 1.63 in order for "BEC" / "Battleye Extended Controls" to function. This is the program that controls your automated server restarts and automated in-game messages. Please do not do anything right now, I am in communication with infiSTAR, BEC & Bohemia and all say that a new patch is being created which will fix all the issues that 1.63 11255 presented as many of you are aware this patch basically broke the entire mod and all other mods, they say the new patch they are working on now with fix all of these issues. So keep your servers on 103718 for now and when the new patch comes out I will push out a "Forced Update" for all 400+ epoch servers we host.

We also have a brand new Epoch Update which was released 24 hours ago, this version 1.0.5.1 will be available via your control panel within the next hour or so. I am currently testing it's functionality with database + infistar and hoping that all tests pass before I push out the update.

We also would like to inform everyone that we are releasing a new special offer (similar to the one time only offer we released in February 50% off) it won't be the exact same but will present some huge savings for those paying quarterly.
Please also note that this special offer is for NEW server orders only, we also would like to inform you that if you plan on cancelling your current server in order to get the new special offer this will not work as each order is subject to verification and all manual. I am informing you of this special offer because if you plan on purchasing an "Additional" server to your account then this will help the financial burden.

Prices will also be changing here in the next couple of days, our entire epoch base price will be increased for "New Servers Only" this means your current prices you pay will not change and will not affect you in anyway, however additional servers purchased will, so if you want to save immediately and you plan on purchasing a new server I recommend you do this NOW before the price increase. Prices will be increased to £20.00 from £15.00 (£5.00 extra).

We would like to remind everyone that Addons / Scripts are not supported by GTX Support, I sent out an email about this last week but continue to get tickets about this. We can not provide support for addon installation, addons not working etc unless currently supported by GTX meaning if you see it on the control panel then we fully support it.

We are still working with community members from our forums to bring you a 1 click install for OverPoch mod, but still until this happens we officially do not support it. Once we have it on the control panel it will be fully supported.

The final update that is being released today will be BEC, it has been updated so all servers will be either forced updated or we may just have it as an option via the control panel Updates button.

Every update due today will have a separate email sent announcing it so when you get this email you will be able to update if you require.

I would like to wish you a pleasant evening.

Kind Regards,

Karl Griffin
GTX Manager.

For those of you with short attention spans, here's the short version:
1: A new ArmA 2 patch will be forced upon us in the next week or two. (112555 was too buggy.) Deal with it.
2: Epoch 1.0.5.1 will be pushed out "soon". My guess is within 2 weeks.
3: I don't know if we'll be doing Overpoch again. We'll have to wait and see. Apparently the new DayZ loot system is different and make Overwatch's code. I'd be interested in hear peoples opinions on Overpoch. If it was gone, would you miss the new guns, cars etc?
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info 9 years 9 months ago #1183

If its gonna be a pain in the ass with the new updates for overpock , then I gots no problem with regular ol' chumpass epoch

And it seems that 1.0.5.1 is already out epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/126-...download/#entry94137
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by BioHazard.

Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info 9 years 9 months ago #1186

• DY357LX
Yeah it's been out for a couple of days. (See Shoutbox on main page.)

Which do you think draws in more players?
Overpoch or Epoch?

Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info 9 years 9 months ago #1188

definately Overpoch brings players in plus keep in mind the the population we got now all overpoch players... if we were to swap back to regular epoch we will loose many players and have to start over with competing with the other epoch server that cant get overpoch right... u nom sayin?! my vote for overpoch

Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info 9 years 9 months ago #1189

looks like overpoch has brought the players in.

Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info 9 years 9 months ago #1190

• DY357LX
At the moment, I don't know if Overpoch is possible on 1.5(.1) due to the new loot system implemented by DayZ 1.8. (Which I don't know if Epoch 1.5 will use... probably.)

I'll give it a try when GTX roll-out the new Epoch and there's a new ArmA 2 patch. Luckily we've been logging and backing everything up. Getting the server to a decent shape (in terms of mods etc) shouldn't take too long.

I think a lot of people come to try Overpoch... but how many Epoch players know about it and how many are willing to play around with parameters in DayZ Commander to get it to work?

I don't think we'll lose many players if we're on vanilla Epoch as it's simply easier to download + join.

Meh. It's hard to say.
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by DY357LX.

Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info 9 years 9 months ago #1191

Only time will tell. :blink:

Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info 9 years 9 months ago #1192

I think overpoch is the way too go but if dosnt work what can you do?

Epoch 1.0.5(.1) + Latest ArmA 2 Patch News/Info 9 years 9 months ago #1193

• DY357LX
I have a local machine running an Epoch 1.0.5.1 server. I'm working on modding everything back in so there's no waiting around for regular players. I simply switch the server to 1.0.5.1, upload the edits and we're (hopefully) done.
Players won't have to watch/wait as we add things in slowly over the course of 4/5 days.

Once that's done... I'll look at Overpoch.

LITTLE UPDATE:
I now have the local test server up and running with 99% of what we have on the live server, minus Overwatch. (Lift, Tow, Missions, safezones etc.)
In other words, the tedious/time-consuming stuff is done. I just need to back everything up (in case I screw it all up) and then tell Epoch to load in the Overwatch weapons + cars.

After that, we wait for Bohemia to push out a new ArmA 2 patch and we then wait for GTX to roll that patch out... then we upload the Epoch 1.0.5.1 stuff and hope nothings broken. :-/
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by DY357LX.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site