• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Regarding bandits, PVP, safezones, bans and more..

Regarding bandits, PVP, safezones, bans and more.. 9 years 9 months ago #1247

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.

Here's the common causes of complaints on the server and the Admins views on such matters.
Feel free to share your opinions.
The opinions of other Admins may differ from my own.

Bandit/"Player X keeps killing me!"
Yep, they'll do that as much as they can. Welcome to DayZ.

Can't you stop bandits from killing us?
If they kill you whilst you're in a safezone at Stary, Klen or Bash, then yes. They'll be banned for 48 hours and you'll get teleported back to your corpse... if you're polite. Pestering and mouthing-off will get you no-where.
We can't (and never will) discourage players from being bandits because that's simply part of the game. It's like telling Team Fortress 2 players they can't be a Medic, Sniper, or Soldier.
Some people find it to be fun. If we stop players having fun we'll soon have an empty server.

Can they kill us at the Aircraft dealer in the North-East of the map?
Yes. Even if we put a safezone around it, they'd simply climb a nearby hill and snipe you.
Certain areas are more exposed and vulnerable than others. That's just the way it is.
If you want to do things safely, wait till the server is quiet or go with friends.
I'll discuss a day/night cycle with Admins soon™ so that players can use the cover of darkness... but remember, this is a double-edged sword. They can't see you, but you can't see them either.

How much does <item/vehicle x> cost/sell for? Where can I buy <item/vehicle y>?
Stop asking shit like this and go to www.tastethepain.co.uk/dayz and click "EPOCH PRICES". We've spent quite a few hours setting up tools and pages to make your lives easier. Use them or don't ask.

I lost my bag/items in my bag when using the Skin Trader in Stary
Place your valuables in your vehicle or give them to a friend. Most times, this happens when you have your bag open during the transaction.
We will NOT replace gear because you can't read instructions.
The Skin Trader will be phased out if bugs continue to occur though.

My Humanity has been reset!
This is a common Epoch problem. If we're 100% certain of you and your situation then we'll restore Heroes to 5000 and bandits to -5000. No more, no less.

Can I get a heal/free ammo/free vehicle/free food?
No. If you ask again you'll get a 2 hour ban.
If you're helping the Admins test new tools or mods and we're stopping you from eating, bandaging etc, then yes! But type something in DIRECT CHAT. Typing in Side will make other players think we're giving you an advantage.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by DY357LX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site