• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Addon Request

Addon Request 9 years 7 months ago #1419

Hi,

I realize you guys do a lot of modifications all the time, but would it be possible to install 2 more, if you get the chance. Server runs great the way it is, so they are not critical, but they would make life a little easier.

Plot pole for life :

epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1104...on-boundary-markers/

Once a plot pole is put down by you, it binds to your steam id, meaning once you die, you do not have to keep pulling up the plot pole and putting it back down, the plot remains yours until you decide to remove it.

Snap Building Pro:

epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13886-14-snap-building-pro/

An expansion on the snap building you already have, but walls etc become transparent so you can not kill people with them, and you can bind much more objects together, ie. metal floors snap to cinder walls, and wood walls snap to cinder. You can also snap at angles to make the base designs more interesting.

Just a thought :) Thanks for all your hard work.
The topic has been locked.

Addon Request 9 years 7 months ago #1420

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
We don't require players to place plot poles when they setup a base.
We'll look into the mod and see if it interferes with bases that already set-up. (We don't want players placing plots poles next to bases that aren't theirs to stop original owners building/repairs... if you get my meaning.)

As for snap building pro, I'll look into it later tonight. Again, I need to make sure it doesn't conflict with other mods.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

Addon Request 9 years 7 months ago #1423

build snap 1.6 removed to be safe as this used some of the same files and compiles that Pro uses to run.....build snap pro uploaded and working great

and as for plot pole for life... every version i see has to modify toooo many files... and too much room for error and too many places to try to find it i know it'll be a pita to try an add for me im a noob compared to Dy3 and dont wanna break anything so if dy3 gets off his lazy butt he can try it out
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by BioHazard.

Addon Request 9 years 6 months ago #1424

• DY357LX
Nice work with the snap pro stuff.
I'll keep an eye on the Plot Pole For Life stuff, but like you said, there's too much to modify.

Addon Request 9 years 6 months ago #1445

Hi,

I would like to see the Master Key Script put in, It's starting to become a pain carrying all my keys around with me :(.

epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5972...14-updated-06152014/

Addon Request 9 years 6 months ago #1446

Like the look of it yeah, the danger is if you lose a key all your vehicles are jeopardized :D

Like the idea of claiming vehicles on the map though and adding a key to them.

Addon Request 9 years 6 months ago #1447

You can make a copy of your master key :), just right click it and it says Copy key :)

Addon Request 9 years 5 months ago #1586

A little bit of form necromancy here but in case your still curious about master keys we played on a server with it for a while and it has some odd side effects. On assigning a key it will re-spawn the vehicle repairing and refueling it and can be done to wrecks.

So it has so interesting game-play implications e.g. you can shoot a helicopter down with a rocket, kill the pilot take his key then reassign the wreck to your key which gives you a brand spanking new vehicle. It also means every time someone comes across a vehicle they want to drive they generally slap a key on it to refuel or repair it so you end up with locked vehicles littering up the map and bugger all for the newbies to find.

Addon Request 9 years 5 months ago #1587

• DY357LX
Ramsdale wrote:
A little bit of form necromancy here but in case your still curious about master keys we played on a server with it for a while and it has some odd side effects. On assigning a key it will re-spawn the vehicle repairing and refueling it and can be done to wrecks.

So it has so interesting game-play implications e.g. you can shoot a helicopter down with a rocket, kill the pilot take his key then reassign the wreck to your key which gives you a brand spanking new vehicle. It also means every time someone comes across a vehicle they want to drive they generally slap a key on it to refuel or repair it so you end up with locked vehicles littering up the map and bugger all for the newbies to find.

Interesting. Thank you Ramsdale.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site