• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MAP'S

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1425

Can we change map ?

Panthera A 10x10km lush green environment based on NorthWest Slovenia with mountainious regions, valleys and rivers running through it. The map is littered with small towns and villages.

Namalsk A 7x7km island in the Bering Sea/Russian Federation, it primarily consists of sub-alpine forests and snow covered mountains to the south and has a strong military/PvP focus. It's the only map to feature underground tunnels/buildings, has functional cold weather clothing, new types of infected and super alien/zombies, deadly energy storms as well as some new weapons and vehicles add to a seriously atmospheric, post-apocalyptic vibe.

Taviana Two large islands in the Baltic Sea, connected by the famous Bratislav Bridge (over 2.5km long) - a hotspot for ambushes. The playable area is similar in size to Chernarus with large cities, highways and massive agriculture areas surrounded by thick forest belts dominated by mountain formations, snowy peaks and volcanoes. The core functionality is similar to the original DayZ mod, with a strong focus on vehicles given it's size. Taviana remains one of the most popular maps to date, a testament to it's map design and level of detail, right down to working doorbells.

Sahrini is a 20.3x20.3km map (104km² mainland) originally from ArmA: Armed Assault. The map is divided into two countries and as such the landscape and terrain varies quite significantly. The focus so far has been on converting the original ArmA buildings into ArmA 2 buildings and adding ambience to the map, although there are a number of additional features planned.

Napf Island. A huge 22km x 22km map featuring two large cities (bigger than Chernogorsk), 40 villages and small towns, an airport and a military base.

My blood cult needs new hunting ground :evil:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1426

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
Sadly, changing maps means re-adding and re-configuring every single mod. A lot of them, such as AI missions, simply don't work with maps that aren't Chernarus.
It also means a loss of the Overwatch weapons + vehicles.
We'd also lose all of the custom stuff at the traders.

This is just me speaking and the other Admins might disagree or have other thoughts.
If players were willing to put forward roughly £20/£40/£60+ in donations we could hire a new server
on a new map (we'd put up a poll before-hand) for 1-3 months.

Our server host currently supports Panthera, Lingor, Taviana and Lingor.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1427

I wouldn't mind a map change napf island would be my first choice but f it catn be done then maybe taviana perhaps And I don't mind re-adding to the traders But I agree with rover a new map would change things up a bit make things interesting and fun

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1428

Seems like a lot of work for Dy3 if it was to happen and i think he does enough as it is.

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1429

if he wants a break ill do my best to do all the mods no problem we are gonna need 1 new admin tho.. pip is the last active admin im dealing with BS in real life that draining me of everything..just 1 heart break and dissappointment after another but thats how life treats u with ur choices .. hyper only appears when I mess up or his base is not in the server and havent seen dy3 in weeks
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by BioHazard.

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1430

I pop in most nights m8.

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1431

• DY357LX
I shall PM you both in a minute.

As for the new map... we could easily backup the server (in fact, it's already 90% done) and then switch it to a new map, on the condition, that players accept before-hand that'd there'd be practically no addons loaded. No AI, no missions, no extra buildings for looting like we have in Balota etc.
A lot of the mods/addons use co-ordinates and the co-ordinates are designed with Chernarus in mind.

I think we need a poll up (I'll set it up Sunday night) and see what the general reaction is. 90% of players might be happy with Chernarus.

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1444

Would Love a map change, i think that would make things alot more intresting. Taviana would be my first choice but any map would be fine.
please make this happen, i find myself kinda bored of chernarus, but thats me :pinch:

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1448

Although I understand people wanting a change, I am not as enthusiastic about the server being changed. Many people came to this server, myself included to play overpoch, and have spent a large amount of time building bases and playing.

Some of us have done this time and time again on other servers where people have lost our content and just expected us to pick up the pieces.

Although backing up the server is all fine and well, the server is currently very stable and performs well.

It is always very hard to restore a server back to how it was, as you can put files back but it very rarely goes without a hitch and you end up with unexplained performance issues.

If people want to play another map, then it is much more simpler for them to just disconnect and go play on another server.

Asking for an entire map, along with peoples content to be wiped to cure someones boredom in my opinion is quite ridiculous. We would be asked to shut down missions and lose many addons and go back to vanilla, which many of us do not want to play.

If you want to go back to the start, any host can open up another instance of a server for cheap if you are happy to play with no addons, hell I would even donate towards this to keep the current server. Although you guys may be looking forward to a map change now, it is largely the addons on this server to date that make it so successful.

Playing without missions will be interesting at first while you scavenge and shoot people, but this will only humour you for so long before you get bored and want something else.

Don't try and fix something that's not broken, if you want a map change, move on, don't try and re-invent the wheel.
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Nokturnyl.

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1449

• DY357LX
Good points.

MAP'S 9 years 6 months ago #1452

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site