• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1821

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
I've been battling with several mods for almost two weeks now and "Igiload" seems to be the least hassle for everyone. It doesn't appear to be a mod for towing. It's for loading + transporting. And let's be honest, towing makes things too easy.

I'm still figuring out how it works, so do me a favour and, take a look at this:
https://github.com/slb2k11/Exile_Igiload/blob/master/Igiload/IgiLoad.sqf
You can "load" stuff into vehicles, provided they're in those lists.

All the offroads appear to be supported.
Same for SUVs, hatchbacks, quadbikes, vans, HEMMTs, KAMAZs, and Tempests.

You can load supply + ammo crates into the backs of those vehicles.

It looks like Mohawks, Chinooks and a few others can also load (or lift?) various items. There's parachute drop support apparently... use at your own risk.

Play with it, let me know which vehicles/crates need to be added/removed.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1822

Its whats on the yank server its for loading the taru pods to trucks and taru. Try asking oldman winters on the other server about the towing.

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1823

• DY357LX
Several people are tweaking R3F for Exile. I'll give it another look in 5-10 days.

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1824

Without towing your server is doomed.....why do a mission on your own and then leave 10k worth of vehicles cos you can't tow?.,don't make sense! and when starting out you need those vehicles you find and tow to help you get the money,which in turn leads to resources to get you on your way to building and upgrading your base.just my 2c worth...just give the yank server ago and then you will see what is needed,there is no need for pvp as you have a shitload of pve to get through,as old man has his server is what you should be aiming for,anyless and I honk peeps will stay away,or you keep it very basic and hard and try lure those that want it hardcore,but that will be a long and painful wait I thin
http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/eu/n3lli3/signature.png[img][img]wotlabs.net/sig_dark/eu/n3lli3/signature.png[img]

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1825

• DY357LX
With the Igiload mod, you can load vehicles and crates into the back of other vehicles. It's easy to do you just need a box-van or similar and something smaller. Get into the driver seat of each and then move around the back of the larger vehicle to get the load option.
As soon as R3F Exile (the tow mod) is working better (you've all witnessed the stupid BattlEye kicks), I'll re-add it. I check up on it frequently and the replies are a very mixed bag.

Also, it's not my server, so I don't really mind if it's empty. :-P (Population is doomed to be low anyway because of the 30-player cap.)

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1826

Towing works fine on the yank server no kicks with it.

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1827

• DY357LX

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1828

• DY357LX
Hyper wrote:
Towing works fine on the yank server no kicks with it.

I'm tempted to set the BattlEye filters to log (when in doubt) rather than kick... but it opens up the server to people cheating. I shall ponder it tonight.

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1829

• DY357LX
Okay, some quick info regarding the server.

If you want some starter kit, you need to be on the server frequently and have at least purchased a flag. OR, I'll issue the flag for you and nothing else. You also need to have a base area picked out.

If you see me online with "Captain Orange" or "The Vo", then I'm playing normally with IRL friends. Or testing things. I don't want them knowing I admin the server because it's takes the fun out of the game. I don't use any admin features whilst in a group with them.... as you can tell be the stupid amount of times I die and the state of our crappy base :D I might alter the admin tools so that any commands used are announced to the server. Then there's no funny business or accusations.
Basically, if I'm there to admin or help you, I'll be on the TTP TeamSpeak. If a player called LEE is on the server, you can ask him for help. He pays for the server. I simply add the mods/scripts in.

There's lots of AI, some are taking more hits to kill than others. None are invincible, they just take a few more bullets. I'm aware that this is annoying and am figuring out which AI mod is responsible. (There's currently 3 AI mods running. I'm confident it's mission AI and not the dynamically spawning AI or the invasion AI.) Please do not moan if they kill you.

If you spawn in and have lost money or respect points, I can only refund so much. Exile is buggy and there's various reasons people lose these things. (It's something to do with armed vehicles. But I don't think you guys want those removed.) Be reasonable with your requests/complaints. It's just me modifying and configuring everything and there's only so many hours in the day. Exile patches are frequent though so you won't have to suffer for long.
Also note that vehicles that spawn on the map will NOT stay where you leave them. (As I found out with a fuel truck last night that I parked in my base. :-( ) This is down to Exile and how the devs think things should be done. Not me or my config settings.
And the vehicles that spawn in parachute zones will be altered shortly. Right now there's far too many fuel trucks, cargo trucks and the like. Suggestions for spawn vehicles are welcome. Bikes and quadbikes were moaned about and sports cars break too easily. Offroads and vans might be added.

There's 2 mods installed at the moment that handle towing, lifting and loading in. The problem with this is that you can exploit this and load 2x quads into one box van etc. Not a massive problem but I might have to remove Igiload to prevent people getting too rich. (And then the rich people moan that there's nothing to buy.)

That's about it for now. Keep an eye on this topic (I think is setting up a website so there might be more info there) and I'll add info on mods, patches etc.

Regarding Lifting, Towing + Loading | Exile Server 8 years 6 months ago #1830

• DY357LX
Don't update just yet if you want to continue playing on the server.

Patch notes for new Exile (Oct 4th) patch.
www.exilemod.com/topic/1028-0932-pitaya/

Notable:
  • You can now attach satchel charges to vehicles, choppers, UAVs, player or constructions
  • If you fly/drive a vehicle into a safe zone that has explosives attached to it, the explosives will be dropped to the ground

That's a problem. As one user here has pointed out:
www.exilemod.com/topic/5271-r3f-logistic...h-093/#comment-18724
Since the update to 0.9.3 when a vehicle enters the safe zone towing another vehicle via the R3F logistice script it drops the vehicle... blowing it up in some cases.

If I can find a fix, I'll implement it.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site