• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DayZ Overpoch + ArmA 3 Server Updates

DayZ Overpoch + ArmA 3 Server Updates 9 years 6 months ago #1546

Okay, after messing around for the majority of the day, the Overpoch server and the ArmA 3 Wasteland server are now back up and running.

The ArmA 3 server seems completely fine. (Feel free to find problems and report them here.)

The Overpoch server has several small problems you'll have to work around:
1: The database was wiped. Yes you've lost your base, your gear and your questionable Humanity values. Time to start anew! Stop moaning and get on with it.

2: The Battleye filters might need tweaking. Post here if you get kicked. Tell us exactly what you were doing/interacting with. A error code and rough time of kick will also help us the fix the problem much faster.

3: The Overpoch traders in Stary, Klen and Bash (the scientist-looking/spaceman dudes) are a little bugged. You probably won't get the option to trade with them yet. I'll fix it tomorrow. -Fixed

4: Speaking of traders. I've added in as many Overwatch weapons, ammo and vehicles as I can for now. If you find something that's missing post it here. Be specific with details and provide a screenshot if you don't know the name of something. One of the Admins will add the missing item to the database when they get time.

5: The Overpoch tools we offer have had their configs updated and should be working fine, but to use the Donor page you'll have to re-register. Remember to check your spam folder for the confirmation email. Post here if you don't get one and I'll activate you manually.

That's all for now. I'll amend this post tomorrow evening after work. Updates will go at the top of this post.

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DayZ Overpoch + ArmA 3 Server Updates 9 years 6 months ago #1547

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
A little info regarding the A3Wasteland server + vehicle locking.

For now, locking won't be going in. Whilst there are ways to locks vehicles... there's no way of stopping one player from running around the server locking every vehicle.

I've asked the dev about implementing a key system like in Epoch. This way, you can own, save and lock a vehicle but also lose it if you die. But, judging by the devs other posts, he's not too keen on mechanics that make the game easy. Which is fair enough, it is supposed to be "a harsh survival wasteland" after-all.

Also, seeing as a new version is due around October 26th (possibly with vehicle saving and bounties), I won't modding the server too much anyway.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site