• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The future of our Day z server.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 6 months ago #1592

The future of the Dayz server is in question at the moment.

We seem to have lost our player base over the last few weeks with it barely seeing 10 people in at any time.

Donations seem to have dried up too, and everyone knows its the donations that keep it running.

I will renew it for one more month but if things do not improve with player base and donations i will be forced to end its life next month.

So if it does happen i would like to say  thankyou to all who have played and supported the server.

Thanks for reading.

Hyper

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1601

How much is needed per month in donations to keep the server running?

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1602

It dont cost much its just the fact the player base has dropped a lot lately.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1603

People will be back mate, I keep on playing but as you've noticed I haven't been on much lately, this is because I have to work 12 hour shifts at the moment. If its donations swaying your decision, then i'm sure us as players will sort this, but if its player population that's troubling you, then don't worry. Many of us are very loyal to this server, just work gets in the way.

If you want to keep things interesting for the players, then change up vehicles they can buy etc or put additional weapons in, I appreciate this is a drain on your already limited resources but things like the rocket launchers made things interesting, and even though things like lav's were overpowered, they made for a good fight.
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Nokturnyl.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1618

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
I think a lot of people are simply bored with the ArmA 2 version of Epoch and are drifting away in search of something similar but more interesting.
Like Atlis Life and the ArmA 3 version of Epoch.

Altis Life being a nightmare to modify and Epoch (A3) being lacking in features at the moment.

I, personally, don't think it's worth continuing to pay for a server that averages 10 players (or less) a night.
We peaked at around 30 players a few months back and we've declined at a steady rate since.

I think the money is better used on an Altis Life server until the Epoch (A3) files are made public. At which point we'll see what features are in and maybe rent our own server.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1661

So far not looking good, no donations and low population still.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1662

Hyper.
This is a sad situation. Myself and at least 1 other who played with me had the intention of donating, way back before the wipe, and then again when it returned.
The wipe seemed to put a few regulars off and recently the numbers were further reduced by an event that I was totally against. Without going into that here and now, it left only a handful of regular players,with most of them playing less frequently.
Next came this topic, which pretty much seemed a death sentence for the server.
Anyone thinking of donating was going to have second thoughts when facing the possibility of the server closing down.

The unique player count when this topic started was in the 60's, it's now at 116, but the server is still quiet a lot of the time.
I have spent many hours playing alone, or with 1 or 2 others so at least the server wasn't showing as empty when players were searching servers to play on. I play mainly PVE so there's always something to do alone, but I'm not anti PVP.
When someone decides to shoot at me and maybe kill me, then it's "game on" and when they get their arse handed to them, most seem to have a problem, they rage, abuse and maybe leave. Some even adopt non legit methods for exacting their "revenge". There are not many that take it on the chin and get on with the game.

We seem to be attracting a lot of younger players ATM, casual gamers, and a few trouble makers, but no where near the numbers we would like.
I'll stick around till the death, if it happens,I hope things turn round, and maybe get some funding going.
I like the features the server offers, I like the performance, and the guys behind the scene making it all work.
It would be a sad day when it all ends.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1663

Its still only an "if" it happens, 20 days left before renewal.
So things still have a chance to change for the better.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1664

It's a shame to hear that, the TTP server used to be a second home for me. I know I've not been on much lately or at all but I've been playing other games and to be honest I've not had the dedication to play Dayz and to grab aload of shit again just to leave it and have to re-do everything.

I did never donate mostly because I didn't really have any income of money, If the server was a full time thing for me and I non stopped played on it then yeah I think I would of been splashing the cash to you fellers to keep it up and running.

Even if you do decide to close it down I'm sure we're all going to have memories of what happened :)The time me and Coogii3 spent at Rog castle, the base up onto of Pobeda dam where Tim used to visit us ALOT! and where Polka killed J.Clark, the moment me and DY3 spent fucking around in a field, the whole conflict where us British took on the Germans and won... again and last but not least, the argument with RABSKI oh what fun days. I love you a lot btw RABSKI and I don't know why your not returning my calls or text :(

Fair well TTP dayz epoch server, We'll all miss you <3!

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1665

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
me and DY3 spent fucking around in a field

That was er... for science.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1666

Hehehehe. Yeah sure it was DY, it was all for the greater good of the server... making a huge tower near our base *pats on back* ;)

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1667

As i said in earlier post its not gone yet , there is still time for it to turn around.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1668

Hehehehe sorry hyper but you know I can't read or spell for that matter, so when i'm giving the task to read a metric shit tone I just guess what it says :P

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1671

If anyone actually wants this server to keep running all they have to do is donate towards the monthly costs and it can stay, as it stands there is about 2 weeks left to run before it shuts down due to lack of funding and interest.

The future of our Day z server. 9 years 5 months ago #1672

10 Days to go..............
  • Page:

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site