• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Microsoft can remotely disable pirated games, if you’re running them on Windows 10

Microsoft can remotely disable pirated games, if you’re running them on Windows 10 8 years 8 months ago #1800

Microsoft can remotely disable pirated games, if you’re running them on Windows 10

Microsoft Windows 10 comes with yet another caveat. If you are running any pirated games or counterfeit software on your Windows 10 machine, then according to the latest addition to the European License Agreement terms of conditions Microsoft has the power to remotely uninstall such software.

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft can remotely disable pirated games, if you’re running them on Windows 10 8 years 8 months ago #1801

• DY357LX
  • I would kill you for a crumpet.
Click-bait article with sensationalized headline for added drama.
The TOS in question actually refers to the Microsoft/Windows Store in Windows 10.... not Windows 10 itself.
It basically means, if there's a bug in the store that lets you get games for free (when unintended) they can remove what you helped yourself to and it's tough shit. No you can't keep the freebie, no you're not entitled to anything.

It doesn't mean if you pirate Fallout 4 Microsoft are going to delete/disable your cracked .exe or .dll files.
And so is the Golden City blackened
With each step you take in my Hall.
Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven
And doom upon all the world.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site