• Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PUBG update aims to improve its desert map after players delete game files to skip the map entirely

PUBG update aims to improve its desert map after players delete game files to skip the map entirely 6 years 1 month ago #2126

More buildings and cover for Miramar.

Some PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds players are so bored by its desert map, Miramar, that they're deleting game files so that they automatically leave any round that randomly selects the map from the current pool of two. One user has even created a programme that changes the extensions of the Miramar files so that the game cannot load the map, booting you back out to the menu instead.

Perhaps developer Bluehole has noticed, because the latest update for the game aims to make Miramar more interesting. It adds more buildings and cover across the whole map to "improve the engagement experience" (and hopefully make it feel less empty), lays down more off-road routes so you can take vehicles cross country, and boosts the chances of better loot spawning in certain areas. 

The update also introduces a new anti-cheat measure to the game's test servers. The developer is expecting it to cause crashes for some people, so they're giving it a trial run first before rolling it out to the servers proper in an attempt to combat the ever-increasing number of in-game hackers. Bluehole has thrown in a couple of bug fixes, too, which you can read about in the full patch notes.

I, for one, won't be deleting my Miramar files—I agree that the game's original map, Erangel, is more fun to play (partly because I know it better) but I enjoy having some variety. I'm sure there are people that want to play only Miramar, and that some of them will have deleted their Erangel game files. Bluehole has said it will add a proper map select option at some point, so let's hope that happens sooner rather than later. An official tool is surely preferable to this home-brewed workaround.

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PUBG update aims to improve its desert map after players delete game files to skip the map entirely 6 years 1 month ago #2127

I think it would be a laugh to have players spawn randomly on the map at the start, and teams of four have to survive and meet up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

S5 Box

Login/Logout

Register

Please click the image below to register with the site